Monday, May 24, 2010

9. Don't Breast Feed Your Baby

In his book, The Maker's Diet, Jordan Rubin devotes a chapter to 27 recommendations on how to GET sick and suggests that if you want to remain as healthy as possible, go AGAINST these 27 suggestions if at all possible.

9. Don't Breast Feed Your Baby

"Mothers, consider breastfeeding your children if you don't want them to risk the trauma of numerous childhood diseases and if you don't want to pay the hospital bills. It will also reduce your risk of developing breast cancer by 25 percent, and it may lower the risk of postpartum depression! Mother's milk contains cells that attack harmful bacteria in the baby's system, and it is able to form antibodies that destroy invading viruses as well. Mother's milk is the Maker's perfect food for babies, delivered in the closest bonds of maternal intimacy."

I know that there are mothers who can breastfeed and choose not to, which makes me sad for their children and for the mothers who want to breastfeed and can't. I hope I don't have this problem because I believe it's extremely important for the baby to have that start. I don't have much to say otherwise because it's actually not a topic I have researched...what's the best formula to feed your baby if you can't breastfeed? What can even come close and how do you know it's the best possible food?

1 comment:

  1. I know that when I was breast feeding I lost weight so fast and burned more calories per day. I had to work at it after I stopped. It can be excruiatingly painful though. You have to stick with it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete